Korean band CNBLUE or Code Name Blue debuted first in Japan in 2009 and now they're considered one of hottest K-Pop acts around Asia. They are composed of Lee Jungshin (Bass & Rap), Kang Minhyuk (Drummer), Lee Jonghyun (Guitar and Vocal) and Jung Yonghwa (Leader, Vocal, Guitar and Rapper). They are already well known in the region due to the popularity of Jung Yonghwa, who shot to fame playing Kang Shin Woo in the Koreanovela "You're Beautiful". With an already famous frontman and three other members who are equally young, handsome and talented, it's no wonder that CNBLUE has gained more and more Boices (that's what they call the fans of CNBLUE). T hese boys are extremely talented because they play instruments and write their own materials, which makes them a breed apart from other boy groups.
Upon the release of their 1st Korean mini-album "Bluetory", it took the #1 spot on the Mnet real time charts, Gaon charts (Korea's equivalent to Billboard Chart) and second spot on the Hanteo charts. They are the only rookie group to do so in 2010 and sold 30,000 copies in just 2 weeks. The carrier single "I'm A Loner" was also #1 on music charts, music online sites, Gaon Chart and Hanteo’s Real-Time Chart just 5 days from their debut and official album release. CNBLUE also won in music programs like the January 2010's K-Chart award and Mutizen award. Their follow-up mini album "Bluelove", peaked at #3 in Korea, produced another hit entitled "Love" and garnered awards from M!Countdown and Mutizen, matching the success of "I'm a Loner".
Aside from band duties, CNBLUE members also did a lot of activities. Yonghwa became one of the official hosts of SBS Inkigayo, alongside f(x)’s Sulli and Jo Kwon of 2AM. Minhyuk and Jonghyun starred in the Korean movie, "Acoustic” and released a song from the movie's OST entitled "High Fly". Jungshin walked on stage for designer Song Hye Myung‘s fashion show in Seoul, SETEC. Minhyuk was again casted for a show that aired subsequent to “Dr. Champ” called “It’s Alright, Daddy’s Daughter”. Yonghwa recently released his digital single “For First Time Lovers” (known as Banmal Song) which reached #1 spot on various real-time charts. Banmal Song raised viewers’ attention after it was featured in the variety show “We Got Married” (MBC) where Yonghwa is virtually married to Girls' Generation's Seohyun.
Music Program Awards:
- (January 29) KBS Music Bank "I'm a Loner" #1
- (January 31) SBS Inkigayo "I'm a Loner" Mutizen Song
- (June 10) Mnet M! Countdown "Love" #1
- (June 20) SBS Inkigayo "Love" Mutizen Song
- (July 1) Mnet M! Countdown "Love" #1
- (July 4) SBS Inkigayo "Love" Mutizen Song
Music Charts and Overseas Awards:
- Peaked at #2 on GaOn Chart for "I'm a Loner"
- Peaked at #2 upon release in Korea for "Bluelove"
- GaOn Weekly Chart (Aug. 8-14) - "Bluetory" (#10) and "Bluelove" (#6)
- Platinum Award (10,000 sales) each for "Bluetory" and "Bluelove" in Taiwan
- #1 on Taiwan’s G-Music and Five Music Music Chart for "Bluetory"
- #2 on Taiwan Music Charts for "Bluelove"
- Taiwan's online album sales: Limited edition “Bluetory” version A (CD and DVD) at #2, version B (Album only) at #4 and the Exclusive Chinese release of “Bluelove” at #10.
- 2010 Song of the Year at Soompi Gayo Awards for "Love"
- Top Newcomer of 2010 at Soompi Gayo Awards
- Rookie of the Year at 2nd Philippine KPOP Convention (December 11, 2011)
- Cyworld Digital Music Awards: Rookie of the Month (January) for "I'm A Loner"
- GaOn Charts Awards: Rookie Award
- Style Icon Awards: New Style Icon, Singer
- M.net Asian Music Awards: Male Rookie Award
- 25th Golden Disk Awards: Digital Music Bonsang for "I’m A Loner"
- Bugs Music Awards: Rookie of the Year
- 2nd Melon Music Awards: Best New Artist and 2010 TOP 10
- SBS Drama Award: New Star Award (Yonghwa)
- Yonghwa-Seohyun Couple Popularity Award (MBC Entertainment Award)
- 20th High1 Seoul Music Awards: Rookie Award
- Elle Girl
- Holika Holika
- Sony Ericsson X10
- System Homme (Korean Fashion)
- Suit House (Clothes: Jung Yonghwa)
- ELOQ (Clothes: Jung Yonghwa)
- Secondfood (Clothes: Jung Yonghwa)
- TJ (Clothes: Jung Yonghwa)
- Colonize (Clothes: Jung Yonghwa)
- Chris.Christy (Clothes: Jung Yonghwa)
- Codes Combine (Clothes: Jung Yonghwa)
- Andew Clothing (Lee Jong Hyun and Kang Minhyuk: “Acoustic”)
- Cottiny Couture (Accessories)
- Jim Rickey Shoes
CNBLUE Shows Heart Of Gold By Helping African Kids!
"I'm Sorry" Directioners, CNBLUE Is Back On Top On The MYX Daily Top Ten!
TAYLOR SWIFT's "22" Enters The MYX Daily Top Ten Today; ONE DIRECTION Back At No. 1!
Filipino Boices fulfills CNBlue's wish: To make their album #1 in the Philippines
Step By Step: CNBlue "First Step" Album Launch is on May 21