Partnering two big names - Robert Downey Jr. and Robert Duvall for the first time on the big screen, featuring other well-recognised actors - it is no question that you'll expect nothing but the best from Warner Bros. Pictures and Roadshow Pictures' "The Judge"!
In this movie, Robert Downey Jr. plays Hank Palmer, a big-city defense attorney, forced to go back to his hometown and family to find out later on that his father (Duvall), the town's long-time judge is being suspected for murder. As he tries to discover the truth behind the case of his father, he also tries to rebuild his ruptured relationships with his family that he walked away from.
The movie is coming out real soon, so here are 5 reasons why you should watch "The Judge"!
Make sure to watch "The Judge," showing this October 22!
1. We're all used to seeing Robert Downey Jr. in his condescending, humorous character, Tony Stark and in an iron suit. But this time around, we get to see this amazing actor in a different light in this extraordinary movie with his character Hank - a big city lawyer who has closed all communication with his family except with his mother. Throughout the movie, Downey's character experiences rough challenges that changes him and gives us a more dramatic performance - one were not used to with his other movie roles.
2. The importance of family and unconditional love is highlighted throughout the movie as Robert Downey Jr. tries to reconnect with his family which he abandoned for a long time. The story revolves mainly on the strange father-son relationship of Downey and Duvall that intensifies as the story progresses. It's no doubt, many will be able to relate to them and the other family character relationships.
3. Besides the two-time Oscar nominee, Robert Downey Jr. ("Chaplin," "Tropic Thunder") and Oscar winner, Robert Duvall ("Tender Mercies"), an all-star cast is present in this movie, like Oscar nominee Vera Farmiga ("Up In The Air") and Oscar winner, Billy Bob Thornton ("Slingblade"). Vincent D'Onofrio, Jeremy Strong, Dax Shepard, Leighton Meester, Ken Howard, Emma Tremblay, Balthazar Getty and David Krumholtz are also part of the cast, making it impossible for you not to see this incredible movie!
4. When Downey returns to his hometown, he is also reunited with his high-school sweetheart whom he walked away from just like his family. They catch-up with each other and reminisce on all their good times together, but after a long time, they know that things change. But did the way they feel for each other change as well?
Photos from: Warner Bros. Pictures
5. The movie may be a drama, but it is also injected with the perfect amount of smart humour that will balance out the sentimental scenes throughout the movie, making it a feel-good film.
Watch the official trailer below!