Marvel's Captain America: Civil War opened to a record-breaking P362 million gross in its first five days nationwide! It officially captures the crown for the Biggest Opening Weekend of All-Time, surpassing last year's Avengers: Age of Ultron! This was announced by a spokesman of Walt Disney Studios which distributed the film through Columbia Pictures.
Other sensational box-office achievements of Captain America: Civil War include:
- Biggest Thursday of All-Time at P52.23M (beating Avengers: Age of Ultron's P50.1M)
- Biggest Non-Holiday Friday of All-Time at P57.21M (besting Avengers: Age of Ultron's P51.8M)
- Biggest Saturday of All-Time at P87.88M (surpassing Batman v Superman's P86.7M)
- Biggest Sunday of All-Time at P94.36M (breaking Avengers: Age of Ultron's P83.3M)
- Biggest Single Day of All-Time, first with Saturday’s P87.9M, then with Sunday's P94.4M (smashing Batman v Superman's P86.7M)
Catch MYX Movie Date tonight at 6pm and 9pm to watch VJ Robi's interview with the cast and director of Captain America: Civil War in Singapore plus our MYXclusive coverage of the special screening in the Philippines which was attended by the MYX Squad!
Have you watched "Captain America: Civil War"? Share your thoughts in the comments section!