ARTICLE

All Set for the Glamorous 70Æs-Themed MYX Music Awards 2012!



There's  just a few days left before the much-awaited 2012 MYX Music Awards (MMA)  night. ThatÆs why OPM artists, especially the nominees, are now busy preparing for this year's 70Æs-themed evening.

To  whom  shall this yearÆs MYX Magna award be bestowed upon? The MYX Magna Award  is  given annually to honor a music iconÆs exemplary contribution to the industry. Who will he or she or they be?

Also  gearing up for this historic event are the best-of-the-best musicians across all genres will also perform that night.

What  makes this yearÆs awards night on March 13 (Tuesday) extra special is its first ever live streaming on MYXph.com!

The 70s inspiration of the award-giving body this year reflects last yearÆs emergence of fresh OPM acts and the return to original compositions. ThatÆs why  MYX  Channel  Head Andre Allan Alvarez wants to continue the channelÆs legacy,  as  he aims to jumpstart and support Original Pilipino MusicÆs new Golden Age.

It  can  be  recalled that the 70Æs was the Golden Age of OPM. Now, the MYX Music  Awards  proudly  brings  back  this  colorful  era  with a series of offerings that every music lover will surely love.

He added that every music and artistùbe it rock, pop, R&B, etc.ùhas its own potential of getting known worldwide.

ôAs  a  music channel, MYX takes pride in letting artists perform no matter which network or station they belong to. So long as youÆre a performer or a musician,  MYX  welcomes  you,  regardless of network affiliation,ö Alvarez said.

Meanwhile,  voting  in  the MYX Music Awards 2012 ended last until March 9. Votes  from  viewers  comprise  60%  of  the  score, while the remaining 40 percent, will come from the artistsÆ votes.

For more information, everyone is encouraged to log-on to www.myxph.com and www.facebook.com/MYX.Philippines and follow @myxphilippines on Twitter.

MYX (SkyCable Channel 23) is available on SkyCable Platinum, SkyCable Gold, SkyCable  Silver  and  over  200  quality  cable  operators nationwide. For regular  updates  on  the hottest music videos in the country, download the MYX Charts app from the Android Market and install free of charge.

Comments

X

    PHOTOS

    VIDEOS