Soul singer Amy Winehouse died from an accidental alcohol poisoning after she went back to drinking following a period of abstinence.
Coroner Shirley Radcliffe said that the 27-year old singer died from alcohol toxicity and recorded a verdict of death by misadventure. According to her, there were no suspicious circumstances.
Coroner Radcliffe said that Winehouse "voluntarily consumed alcohol - a deliberate act that took an unexpected turn and led to her death."
Amy Winehouse, who publicly fought a battle with drug and alcohol abuse for years, was found dead at her home in London on July 23, 2011, with empy vodka bottles scatteres around her. She was 27.
It was found that Winehouse had a blood alcohol level five times the legal driving limit, and above a level that can prove fatal.
According to her, too much alcohol can affect the central nervous system so much that a patient could "fall asleep and not wake up."
Pathologist Michael Sheaff said that Winehouse had likely suffered a respiratory arrest after consuming so much alcohol. The level in her blood was 416 milligrams per 100 milliliters, a blood alcohol level of 0.4 percent. The British legal driving limit is 0.08 percent.
Amy Winehouse had her taste of fame with her 2006 album "Back to Black," which won five Grammys. But her public behavior, turbulent private life and frequent health problems which included seizures, emphysema and bulimia, often overshadowed her talent.
Feel free to leave a comment below.